Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Setting up your first blog

There are many free sites on the internet

that will allow you to create your own blog and they will host it for you.

I'm going to explain both options you have for blogging. I'll

first start by providing the options for Free Blog Hosting.

Free Blog Hosting Sites

1) Blogger.com

This site is one of the most if not the most popular free blog hosting

site. You can instantly create a blog and start writing on various topics.

The positives about using Blogger.com are that it is spidered often,

and your blog link will be in the path of the spider, enabling your new

blog to be spidered quickly. Once your blog is spidered, the search

engines will continue to visit your blog for updates.

Signup link: http://www.blogger.com/
 
2) Journalhub.com


This is a newer site, not as popular, but is a very solid choice for blog

hosting. Your account is setup instantly.

Signup link: http://journalhub.com/

3) Aeonity.com

This site also gives you the ability to create an instant blog site.

Signup link: http://www.aeonity.com/

4) Ebloggy.com

This site also allows free blog hosting.

Signup link: http://www.ebloggy.com/

You can register with any of the above sites to start your own blog,

but as I mentioned earlier I prefer to have my own site host my blog.

Another option is to have two blogs. My recommendation would be to

create what I like to call a sub-blog, where the blogger.com blog would

be a blog you update from time to time that discusses topics dealing

with your main blog. You should have links pointing from your

blogger.com blog to your main blog site. The reason you are doing this

is because blogger.com is spidered often and by default your blog with

blogger.com, which is your sub-blog will also be spidered. Since your

sub-blog will have links to your main blog it can also aid in having your

main blog site spidered more quickly.
 
Ok, next blog will be on how to host your own bolg.
 
I am walking you through how went from no hits a day on one of my web sites, Tatkraftsolar, to 180 plus, unique hits a day. I did this in just four days and it grew daily. I tested an Affiliate site and it went from 0 hits a day to 80 hits in the same four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment